October 1, 2010

Gougeres - FFWDORIE

I had gougeres for the fist time in SF. My friend had made some for our first Dinner Du Monde (DDM). It was instant success and love. I have made gougeres several times since then, mostly using a recipe from epicurious.


Today, I am using the recipe from Dorie Greenspan new book, which was selected as the first entry for the cooking group French Friday with Dorie. I am very excited to be part of this group, as I have been a long time fan of Dorie's blog. These gougeres look gorgeous, and I had a very hard time resisting the delicious smell of warm cheese and pate a choux that lingered all day in the house. As a new improvement, I used a small cookie dough scoop to shape the gougeres. It made the process some much faster, and cleaner, I love it.

2 comments:

  1. I used a cookie scoop too and it worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did too! The only way I will ever do this now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete